Gamification for internet-bank

Situation

Bank offers too many options and usually clients don’t use them simply because they don’t know they exist.

Watch_640_5.png

Objective

Show available options and engage clients into using them (and thus save client’s time and money)

Solution

This was a task for one of our internal Hackathons, and we came up with idea of gamification: according to client’s tarification plan, we showed the progress bar (in percent) and gave them achievement points for using more options. The goal is to get 100%.

Our first prototype was created in just 24 hours (during Hackathon) and our team earned 1st place for this solution. We provided fully operational prototype, so, a huge crowd of our colleagues run to look at their score while we were presenting it. There was a kind of slight competition between them, which proved the idea of gamification right there: it became obvious that idea works.

Prototype had rough design, and after polishing the project as a whole we turned back to design, and here’s our process and results.

 


 
 

Feature

Progress bar

Progressbar shows the number of assignments as a percentage.

On the most conspicuous place there is a button showing next most relevant action, and how much it will increase the overall percentage of completion. 

Statistics

Also there are statistics which just by itself is interesting for user.

Task

Each task is represented as a statistic that shows the rationality of its execution.

 
 

Process

The process of creating the design was built in such a way that the new concept we could get in a moment. Such speed was achieved due to the use of ready-made web components and also not very strong elaboration of model parts. This approach gave a strong increase in quality results in terms of product design.

 

Step 1

At the very beginning we decided to split the job into three parts, each of which allows you to benefit in certain categories. 

Tasks that allows you to make banking services cheeper, more revenue or jobs for travelers. 

13.png

This concept was supposed to see the job categories on the individual pages, but we thought it was inconvenient for some users.

 

Step 2

At this point, we tried to put all the tasks on one page, and their type switch with the help of filters.

 
 

Step 3

There was the problem that there were too many jobs and was not clear how to start so we decided to highlight the most simple to perform tasks. Added an interesting statistic to use the bank for motivation the subsequent entry into service. 

 
 

Step 4

When all jobs have become one list, it becomes really more convenient, but there was a need to see completed jobs and those that have to be performed, that is why we all pitched in two sections, performed, and current tasks.

 

Step 5

At this point, it dawned on us that the jobs can themselves look like statistics, showing the rationality of their implementation and review.

 

Step 6

That is how we approached almost final logical result, but not visual part, lacked the beautiful illustrations

 
 

Step 7

Finally, we decided to look at our service on a white background, but refused this option in favor of the consistency of other services of the bank, which executed in dark colors.

01.png